Useful Things for a Unisex Nappy Cake
A Nappy Cake is a great way to celebrate the birth of a new child, as well as provide the parents with some of the essentials that they are going to need.
Image by Najat Amhad via Flickr
An excellent gift idea when a close friend or family member gives birth to a new child is to give them a nappy cake as a gift. A nappy cake is a highly useful gift that contains a lot of the essentials things that any mother and father will need to look after their newborn infant. Before you even know the sex of the child you can arrange a nappy cake, and go for unisex products, as well as colours. There are many different useful things that you can include in a nappy cake, and you can make your own, or buy one that is readymade.
Making your Nappy Cake, or Ordering One Online
It is relatively easy to make a nappy cake, or you can also order one online. A quick search of nappy cakes in Brisbane using a search engine will show that there are many potential websites offering this service. There are some websites allowing bespoke nappy cakes so that you can choose the contents of the present. The personal touch is always a good thing, so if you have the time it is a good idea to try making one yourself. Alternatively, there are plenty of choices available from companies offering quality nappy cakes in a variety of different sizes and styles.
Things to Include in a Nappy Cake
Obviously when you give a nappy cake, you are going to include nappies for newborn infants, but there are also other things that are extremely useful, that you may wish to include in your gift.
- Wet Towels – These are something that you seem to go through very quickly, and you can never have enough of them. Good for a range of things from cleaning up spilled juice, to wiping bottoms.
- Baby Powder– Something else that is going to get used, most likely for years to come, is baby powder. It might not be the most exotic gift, but highly practical nonetheless and keeps your baby smelling great.
- Teddy Bear – A cute teddy bar is always a nice gift for a small child, as well as a good way to distract them while you clean your baby or change their nappy. It may also be something that the child will cherish for many years to come.
- Muslin Cloths – These are great for cleaning drying your baby, as well as countless other things. They are always handy to have as you never know when you will need one.
- Bath Products – As well as getting something for the baby, why not also treat the new mum to some nicely scented bath oils or shower gel? Cleaning products are going to be much needed, so all contributions gratefully accepted.
- Baby Clothes – It is also a good idea to include some clothes within your nappy cake, things for newborn babies such as mittens, hats, bodysuits, and bibs. Although, these are common gifts and sometimes the clothes may only get worn a couple of times before the baby outgrows them. To combat this, you could always get them some clothes for older babies so that they will grow into them. If you do not know the gender of the child, then you can choose neutral colours that will suit either a girl or a boy.
Showing them How Much your Care
Getting a nappy cake for your friend or family member, or even a colleague from work is a great way to show them how much you care. Whether you choose to purchase a nappy cake online or even make one yourself, they are a great way to provide new parents with things that they will need to look after their new child. Even experienced parents will appreciate the much needed supplies!